The beautiful hill town of Chikmagalur is in the Indian state of Karnataka. It is renowned for its stunning vistas, coffee plantations, and verdant hills.
To appreciate its magnificence, you must travel to Chikmagalur and visit various places it's known for.Chikmagalur is a picturesque resort with rolling tea plantations, wooded hills, caves, mountain routes, and Hebbe waterfalls.
People frequently come here to unwind and find total tranquillity. Certain places near Chikmagalur are worth visiting in addition to taking in the natural beauty. The list of places near Chikmagalur appears intriguing and tempting and includes everything from hills, spice plantations, and woods to beaches and historical sites.
Lovely places near Chikmagalur These places near Chikmagalur are perfect for day trips or weekend getaways:
Shimoga is a charming tourist destination near Chikmagalur. It is a town with a rich history, tradition, and culture. Shimoga is home to ancient temples as well as hills, rivers, and valleys covered in beautiful greenery. Shimoga, derived from "Shiv-Mukha" is the face of Lord Shiva, it draws spiritual travelers and those looking for relaxation in its natural attractiveness. Chikmagalur is 97 kilometers away from here.
The Akash Inn, Royal Orchid Central, and Hotel Ashoka are the best hotels for a cozy stay.
Grand Key landmarks: Dabbe Falls, Mandagadde Bird Sanctuary, Kodachadri, and Gajanur Dam.
The tranquil and picturesque hill station of Kudremukh is near the Chikmagalur district. This area is home to expansive, beautiful green hills, valleys, and lakes. It also has a national park and a well-known tiger conservation initiative. Trekkers and adventure seekers come to this hill station close to Chikmagalur to experience the gorgeous waterfalls hidden within the forest and hiking to the top. 106 kilometers separate Chikmagalur.
Lakya Dam, Kadamnu Falls, and Kyatanamakki Hills are the main attractions.
The top hotels include Silent Valley Resort, Upasana Retreat, and Nagagiri Comforts.
Another place near Chikmagalur, Coorg, has a picturesque appearance. Coorg is known as the "Scotland of India" and is home to expansive valleys, hills, flowing cascades, fragrant coffee farms, and spice plantations. It is a dream place for someone in search of Wanderlust. 161 kilometers separates you from Chikmagalur.
Raja's Seat, Abbey Falls, and Madikeri Fort are some of the main attractions here.
The Hotel Marya Valley, Orange County, and Gowri Nivas are the best hotels.
Mysore, another ancient and historical location, draws tourists of all stripes. Beautiful mosques, gardens, palaces, and zoos are just a few of the attractions Mysore offers to stand out as one of the top travel places near Chikmagalur. 170 kilometers separates you from Chikmagalur.
Mysore Palace, Mysore Zoo, and Brindavan Gardens are the main attractions.The Mansion, Grand Mercure, and Hotel Ruchi are the best locations to stay.
5. Nagarhole National Park
Brahamagiri Mountains surround Nagarhole National Park is a component of the Nilgiri Biosphere Reserve. This forest, also known as Rajiv Gandhi National Forest, is situated by the Kabini River and is home to many different animals, including Asian elephants, tigers, leopards, deer, and many others. Plan a trip to Nagarhole National Park if you enjoy animals and the outdoors; it's one of the top places near Chikmagalur. Chikmagalur is 197 kilometers away.
Kuruva, Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary, and Nagarhole Reserve Forest are popular tourist destinations. The Serai Kabini, Machaan Wilderness Lodge, and Bison Manor Country Retreat are the best locations to stay.
Shivagange, one of the well-liked peaks for hiking near Chikmagalur, is perched at an elevation of 804.8 meters. Shivgange is a well-known Hindu pilgrimage site, dubbed the "Kashi of the South" and boasts several stunning temples. This location's name history is highly fascinating. The hilltop resembles a Shiva Linga and gets its name from the mountainous stream that flows from it. Chikmagalur is 203 kilometers away.
Shivaganga Hill, Shantala Drop, and Olakal Theertha are the main attractions.
The three top hotels are Rashi Comforts, Utsav Club Resort, and Shivagange Foot Hills Stay.
The undiscovered yet incredibly picturesque and beautiful town of Kabini places near Chikmagalur. A tranquil location, Kabini is perfect for peace seekers and honeymooning couples. Nestled on the banks of the River Kabini, it is a branch of the Kaveri River. A joy to the mind and spirit, Kabini is surrounded by Nagarhole National Park and Bandipur National Park. Kabini is the ideal getaway from the city's bustle because there isn't much to do there, and there is not much tourist-oriented personnel. Chikmagalur is 208 kilometers away.
Two major sights are Kabini Forest and Kabini Dam. The Serai, Backwater Resort, and Waterwoods Lodge are the best locations to stay.
These picturesque places near Chikmagalur are intriguing and provide relaxation and rejuvenation. Take a day's journey or a weekend getaway to explore these locations' breathtaking allure.You may stay at Trivik hotels and resorts to enjoy a dream like experience.
Imagine waking up to pristine and quaint nature with a fresh cup of coffee and flowers to brighten your morning. There are dense forests and hills surrounding you, and the sound of a waterfall in the distance- delights that appeal to different tastes. If this sounds wonderful, then Chikmagalur is for you! Located at 1090 m above sea level, this beautiful hill station is famous for its coffee and is famously known as the “Coffee Land of Karnataka.” Lush grasslands, waterfalls and lakes, wildlife sanctuaries, and architectural delights span the length and breadth of the town. Exploring this hill station will help you unwind with an adventure or relaxation.
Here are the top spots to visit in Chikmagalur.
1. Mahatma Gandhi Park: This is the perfect example of how a wild forest can look, with a few architectural aesthetics introduced to it. This place is suitable for those seeking quality time with their loved ones or seeking some adventure. The gardens are well-maintained and are home to more than 250 varieties of rose plants. There is a toy train ride for fun lovers and a lotus pond to click pictures. Visiting time is 10 am to 6.30 pm, and the ideal time to visit is between September to March.
2. Kodandarama Temple: A breathtaking symbol of Dravidian architecture, the Kodandarama Temple is visited by devotees of Lord Rama. The temple was constructed in three phases across the 14th, 16th, and 17th centuries. Apart from religious tourists, those looking for opportunities to capture architectural beauty with their cameras can look forward to an interesting time here. The best time to visit the temple is between February and March. It remains open from 10 am to 5 pm each day.
3. Hirekolale Lake: Seeking an escape from the maddening city life? A trip to Hirekolale Lake can be therapeutic for your soul! Surrounded by the mesmerizing Western Ghats, it has ample spots for clicking pictures and relaxing by the water. In the distance are the Mullayanagiri Hills, and the sunset at this lake is a sight to behold. September to March are the best months to visit the lake.
4. Ayyanakere Lake: A little outside the main town of Chikmagalur is the tranquil Ayyanakere Lake. Located close to the Shakunagiri Hills, it is untouched by city life and commercialization. Camping around the lake is an excellent option, other than moving around to experience its historical and cultural background. Visiting in February or March is the best time to explore this lake.
5. Seethalayanagiri: Love trekking? This is the place for you! It is a quaint hilly spot, camouflaged in greenery, making for the perfect place to explore if you are a risk-taking trekker. Not only that, it is surrounded by wildflowers and orchids, further adding to the serenity of the locale. One can visit anytime between September to February to make the most of the place.
6. Jhari Waterfalls: Also known as Buttermilk Falls because of their appearance, Jhari waterfalls present the best place to be for those yearning to witness nature’s beauty. Surrounding the waterfalls is a vast expanse of tea and coffee plantations. The best time to visit is between August to January.
7. Mullayanagiri Peak: Trekking to the Mullayanagiri Peak is certainly a thrilling experience, especially for those who love challenges in new, unexplored places. The peak is dedicated to Mulappa Swamy, who supposedly meditated in the caves below the peak. Upon reaching the top, the lush greenery surrounding the hills can be viewed and enjoyed. September to April are the best months to visit.
8. Belur: This was an important stronghold of the Hoysala Empire from the 11th to 14th century. History and legends are in abundance to enthrall the tourists. The temple is often compared to Khajuraho owing to its intricate carving and beautiful architectural details. Tourists mostly visit between October to April.
9. Belavadi: This quiet village, as per legend, is the place where Bhima (one of the Pandavas) vanquished Bakasura, a demon. The temple dates back to when the Hoysalas were in power. There are intricate carvings and life-size statues that make the place worth a visit. The best months to visit are October to April.
Hopefully, this article has boosted the traveller in you, and encouraged you to explore Chikmagalur like never before! You may stay at Trivik hotels and resorts to enjoy a dream like experience.